Current project: Visage denim

Hey everyone! Just thought I should give you a little update on what I'm working on at the minute.
Our design and make module has two parts: the MoreMile project which I already told you all about, and the one which we're currently working on, which is a denim project. We're currently working with a company called Visage who have set us the brief and that is who we're designing for, choosing either New Look, Internacionale, George @ Asda, or Next as the store to design for as those are their four main clients. As research on these, we all went out into these shops and looked at existing denim products that they sold and took pictures of them for analysis.

 

 


We went to Manchester to their HQ a fortnight ago and it was very informative as we got to meet some of the staff and look at the collections that the company are currently working on.


Like the MoreMile project, we had to pick a theme. I've noticed that a lot of current fashions have a sort of artsy, bright, bold, abstract feel to them lately, so I decided to use abstract for my theme. Here's some examples from Celine's ready to wear collection:



Here's my moodboard for my project on my theme of abstract. I chose New Look as my client because I think that they have the youngest target audience who are more open-minded to bold styles that go hand in hand with abstract styling.


I'm still currently in the toileing stage so I don't have any more pictures yet but what I do know is that I'll be using a really interesting technique I just learned called TR pattern cutting in which you draw lines through dart points on a toile to make a new pattern with lots of abstract shapes, it's really cool so you should check it out!
Ciao for now,

Lauren xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment